During the summers, while playing football and studying at Drake University, James would come home and help run a summer camp that included strength and conditioning for all sports and position-specific work for football. He would help with 7-on-7 assisting DBs and WRs at Shelton High School in Dallas, TX.
Upon graduation he started his career in software, along with moonlighting as an assistant coach, with his father, George Teague. James has been helping coach various positions since 2011. In 2022, he took over as Defensive Coordinator at John Paul II High School in Plano, Texas.
Today, when he is not coding or coaching, you can find him contributing to podcasts such as Teague’s Take and PSGTalk. You can also find him writing new articles for his blog covering Alabama sports, the NFL news and team film sessions, and the occasional piece on Paris Saint-Germain. James is married to his wife Emily, and they have two children, Tinsley and Theo (George).
As a Player:
- Drake University (FCS) (DB/WR)
- 2x Pioneer League Champion
As a Coach:
- Shelton High School (2011-2015) Summer WR/DB Assistant Coach
- Shelton High School (2016) Assistant Defensive Backs Coach
- John Paul II High School (2017-2018) Assistant Defensive Backs Coach
- John Paul II High School (2019) Running Backs Coach
- John Paul II High School (2020-2021) Assistant Defensive Backs Coach
- John Paul II High School (2022-Present) Defensive Coordinator